TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A 30% deposit is due at the time of booking. Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- Any form of payment constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stated on this site.
- Payments can be made by credit card or bank transfer. We will provide you with details upon reservation.
- Charges incurred for international transfer transactions will be borne by the guest from the country of remittance and by The Sanctuary in the Sri Lankan receiving bank. Exchange rate will be calculated on the day of transaction.
- Extras (expenses at the camp) can be paid by cash or credit card (VISA and MasterCard).
- Other charges incurred during guests stay will be invoiced to guest prior to departure.
- All payments made by credit card (Visa and MasterCard) are subject to a 3.5% surcharge.
- The Sanctuary accepts payments only in Sri Lankan Rupee. Payments by traveler’s checks, other currencies or personal checks will not be accepted.
- Rates are subject to change in the case of a significant increase in the cost of fuel. Fuel surcharges may apply.
TRAVEL INSURANCE :
- Travel Insurance is highly advised..
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from date of arrival.
- If applicable, a valid visa is required for travel.
TRANSPORT RELATED INFORMATION :
- The Sanctuary will endeavor to fulfill guests’ travel requests at time of booking. However, The Sanctuary will not be held responsible for delays or cancellations to transport services. The Sanctuary reserves the right to facilitate guests transport to and from the camp via alternative means when the guests initial form of transport is cancelled. If there is a difference in price between the initial transport and the alternative one, guests are responsible for the difference.
- The Sanctuary is not responsible for airline board fees or baggage policies.
- The Sanctuary does not accept any responsibility for late arrival or non-arrival of luggage.
NUMBERS IN PARTY / OCCUPANCY LIMITS :
- The number of persons occupying a tent must not exceed the number stated in the booking confirmation. The Sanctuary reserves the right to ask guests to leave the premises or refuse any booking, which, in its opinion, is unsuitable.
- The Sanctuary is not responsible for any health problems arising during your stay.
- The Sanctuary will use all due care for the provision of its services and activities provided to guests. Guests participate in activities and use services at The Sanctuary solely at their own risk. No liability or responsibility is accepted by The Sanctuary for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, or any other claim arising from involvement in any activities or provision of any services howsoever suffered, even in circumstances where staff of The Sanctuary may have negligently breached any duty of care that it or they may owe or have owed in connection with such activities, conduct, supervision, or the provision of services. The Sanctuary will not be liable for direct or indirect losses, arising from any such injury, illness, damage, loss accident, or expense including consequential loss or economic loss however caused.
- If the guest considers that he/she has cause for complaint concerning their stay at The Sanctuary, the matter should be taken up with the camp Manager who in turn will notify the Management Company. In such cases, the Management Company will consider the validity of the complaint and a refund may be offered. The discussion and approval will be made amongst the various strata of the camp Management Company and may take several weeks to finalize. No liability shall arise beyond the refund of monies paid. The Management Company will not entertain claims lodged by the guest upon departure or after returning home when it is no longer possible to investigate the complaint effectively and conclusively.
CANCELLATION POLICY :
- In case of cancellation, deposits and final payments are non-refundable. For cancellations received up to 30 days prior to date of arrival, payments can be credited toward a future trip within one year from date of final payment made. No refund or credit will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of date of arrival or No Shows.